All Saints Garden gets it’s name from the All Saints church which once stood here, in St John’s or Trinty Street, Cambridge. There was in fact there was a church here from the 11th century, until it was destroyed in 1865, when St. John’s Street was widened.

LeKeux’ print of 1861 shows the church, with it’s tower over the pavement… Before St John’s Street was widened

As LeKeux’ print showed, in 1861 the tower rested on an arch over the pavement.

SaveSaveSaveSave